Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blessed beyond measure!

Today I had a Dr.'s appointment, and they did a fetal echo. It blows my mind that are able to do this! When I think about how the Dr.'s did not even know about my heart problem until after I was born, and that I did not have my surgery until I was 3! But, today they could tell me that our baby boy's heart in their words, "is beautiful", and after seeing that little thing just beating away, I hafta agree! It was such a beautiful sight! It's times like these that I feel so blessed to just be alive... that I got the chance to grow up and have babies. Whenever I have a new nurse, they just marvel that things went so well for me. It makes me feel good, like God is using me in some small way...to show His power. My nurse commented today how amazing she thought this all was, that I was "healed" and that here I am today, 25 years old, with 2 healthy babies and another on the way. And that I don't even require a medication, just a yearly visit to the Cardiologist! She said "God must have really wanted you here for a reason" And I had to fight back tears, because I truly feel strongly about that. I know that He has a plan and a purpose for me. And after today, I'm inspired to work a lot harder in finding out what that is! I feel humbled and undeserving. I feel the greatest joy, that our baby boy has a beautiful heart. I am blessed beyond measure!

3 comments:

nate and liz said...

Hey Bliss,

Wow! I didn't know about your surgery at 3yrs! I can't even imagine how stressful that was for your parents. Now that I'm a mom, I feel for parents who have children that are suffering or ill so much more.
God clearly had and has a purpose for your life. Thanks for reminding me to always cherish every moment every day!
~much luv

lisa said...

soo glad that his heart looks good, what a relief for you, i know you worry about it with each pregnancy. can't wait to meet this little fella!

Carla said...

What great news Bliss! What a blessing to have such a healthy and strong baby growing inside you!