Thursday, April 30, 2009
Carter's 4 year check up!
So, yesterday we went to Carter's 4 year well check. Wow, I had no idea that they do so much at that age! They checked his blood pressure, had him pee in a cup, did a hearing test, and a vision test, of course checked height and weight, asked a ton of developmental questions,and gave him 4 shots! Glad that's over! Carter had been asking before we went if he was getting any shots, and of course I had to tell him yes...so that made him SUPER nervous! Nick told him he could pick something special to do afterward and he picked going to the driving range,so that helped a little. But, it was so hard for me to watch him like that...he was so tense the whole time LONG before the shots were gonna happen. We were sitting there towards the end when the nurse went to go get the shots,and Carter started up a very serious heart melting conversation with me. He said, "Mom, did you let God come with us?" And I told him "Yes Carter, God comes with us everywhere we go!" And he said," where is He? I can't see him?" I told him, " I can't see Him either, but He is here!" Then he says to me, "Mom, will you pray for my shots?" I just wanted to cry! So we sat there and prayed about it! After the prayer he says "Mom, remember on Easter Dad was talking about heaven? I was thinking I could climb up a ladder and get on the roof, and there would be gold!" By this time I'm just sitting there amazed! I said "yes Carter there is gold in heaven, the streets are made of gold! How would you like to ride your bike on the gold streets in heaven?" And then he said something that really DID make me cry! He said, " I Do want to go to heaven, but I don't wanna go by myself! Mom, will you go with me?" Rip my heart out! It made me think about how I can't wait to get to heaven, but I don't want to go without him either! And then he just kept on surprising me, when we went check out they offered him a sticker, and he politely said "No fanks (thanks), I don't want one...but I want to pick one for Brooke instead" And so he did, he picked out her favorite... Elmo! And couldn't wait to give to her! (Nick had Brooke and Ashton with him) When I told Nick about everything that happened, he couldn't believe it either! We are SO proud of our sweet BIG boy! Oh, and I almost forgot! My used to be failure to thrive baby, is now 35lbs 4 oz! 50th percentile for both height and weight! YAY CARTER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
what a sweet boy! i can't believe how big he's gotten! now i'm dreading the 4yr appt! LOL
Post a Comment