Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What a storm!

It really stormed at our house last night! It was kinda scary,and I hafta to admit, I was wishing Nick wasn't at the fire station, but home with me! Just as I wishing that I could cuddle through the storm,my wish came true...Carter came into my room scared, and was very happy when I said he could sleep in my bed! I also knew it was only a matter of time until Brookie was up too! After a short while, I was right! I heard her crying over the monitor and went to go get her. As soon as I got to her room I heard the loudest thunder I've ever heard,and it even made me jump! Brooke was TERRIFIED! She screamed so loud,and her big brown eyes only got BIGGER! I took her to my room,and Carter started to stir, he lifted up his head, and said "Mom, is that Brooke"? Then he turns to her as I lay her in the middle and says "Don't be scared Brooke, I'm right here...we're all right here"! (my heart melted) And she said "Ok, Carter". I laid there looking at 2 pairs of BIG brown eyes staring at me in flashes of lightning! Ashton, slept through it all..his big brother and sister give him lots of practice sleeping through really loud noises ;) As sleepless as it was, I LOVED last night! It times like those, that I hope I can put in my favorite Mommy memories box in my mind,and NEVER forget! I love my children more than my life! Thank you God for my blessings!

No comments: