Friday, May 23, 2008
Just a little reminder...hold,hug,kiss,and tell them you love them.
My heart is aching tonight. It seems there are too many tragedies involving children...not children that I know personally,but that I know of. It started with Heather, the owner of Mom4life.com. She's an amazing Christian woman, who just 3 short weeks before her due date, found out that her precious baby Sawyer no longer had a beating heart. Please pray for her and her family. I have a link to her blog, under "friends and family". The very same day, I heard of Heather's tragic news, I was at Target shopping with Brooke, and witnessed a baby being Air lifted from the store to the hospital. It gave me a sick feeling, and I just wanted to hold onto Brooke as tight as I could, and hurry home to Nick and Carter to do the same! Tonight, I heard of Stephen Curtis Chapman's daughter's tragic death, and was reading the story with an aching heart. I just finished reading about their loss, when I got a phone call from Nick. I knew something was wrong by the sound in his voice, he had just gotten back to the fire station from what he said was a "really bad call". It was a 3 year old girl that had fallen in the pool. He said he was praying for her the whole time he was doing cpr, but felt when her pulse stopped. This was one sad story too many for me tonight, I just burst into tears. This has really effected me. I turned on the tv, to see my husband transporting the stretcher with the little girl, and it broke my heart! I turned the channel and saw the story again, and it got my hopes up! They said she was still hanging on! They still don't know if she will make it, but I know God heard Nick's prayers! So, tonight...just a little reminder to hold,hug,kiss, and tell your kids you love them...more than ever! I have half a mind to go and wake mine up, just to hold them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
oh, bliss, i don't know how nick does what he does! how heartbreaking to have to be put in those situations. i'll be praying for them. i think about heather everyday, it breaks my heart. when i read that last week, i don't think i put jack down the rest of the day.
Stories like that really break my heart now. They were always sad, but now with Kevin and Alan, I can truly empathize with those poor mothers. Nick is an amazing hero!
Post a Comment