Friday, July 25, 2008

Back on my own again!

Today was Nick's first day back at work, from a long vacation! I think we all got spoiled having him here! Carter LOVES his Daddy so much! I knew today would be tough for him because, a few days ago Nick left just to get the oil changed in my car, and Carter was Standing at the window crying his little eyes out! he said , "I miss Daddy. I love him. He's my best friend!" All the while sobbing at the window. Brooke LOVES her Daddy too, right know Daddy is her favorite word! So, with all of this in my mind last night I was looking for something fun for us to do today, to keep everyone's mind off of the absence of our dear Daddy! And I lucked out, I found out about a Sing-a-long at Pottery Barn Kids! We had SO much fun, and even ran into a friend there! Brooke had a blast, and Carter was being a little shy, but I know he had fun! I could only get him in 1 picture! He's just too busy to stop and look at Mom...too much to do! After Pottery Barn we ate at Chick-fil-a right there in the food court, and then headed over to return some things at Gymboree. Carter was really good while he waited for me to browse through all the SUPER cute clothes, so I told him, he could throw some coins in the fountain. He was so excited about that! When he was about to throw in his last coin, I told him to make a wish. I listened closely as he quietly said "I wanna play xbox with Dad" I wanted to cry! I thought that was the cutest wish ever! Here I was, trying to distract him from Nick being gone, but Daddy is ALWAYS on his mind!Brooke looking pretty!
Carter catching bubbles!

Brooke found a dog,and she was in love! I think she thought it was real!
Brooke center stage clapping along!
A video clip of Brooke dancing

2 comments:

sullyssite said...

I haven't been in a while, but I really think the girls would enjoy it. We should meet out there sometime! Your kiddos are sooo cute!
~liz

Bliss said...

We'd LOVE to see you guys! I don't think I've ever officially met any of your cutie pies! How's your little guy?