Friday, June 6, 2008

" A person's a person, no matter how small"

Brooke had her 1 year check up today, and it went well. She's doing absolutely everything she's "supposed" to be doing and then some! She still is not on the chart for weight or height, but we already knew that! She did however gain exactly 1 pound in 1 month! So the Dr. was very surprised/happy about that! Brooke and I decided to tell the Dr, the saying from Horton Hears A Who. "A person's a person, no matter how small" That's Brooke's new motto for life! I searched the internet everywhere for a shirt that said that, for her to wear to all her Dr.'s appointments, but no luck! I might hafta have one made for her! Anyway, she did great! They had to prick her finger and collect a blood sample,( which is a normal 12 month check up thing, where the check lead levels ) and she didn't even flinch! No whimper, no fuss, not one tear! I, on the other hand, almost passed out! I can't handle watching them do that to my baby! I always make Nick do that part, but since he was home with a napping Carter, I was on my own! She also got 2 shots, and well, that just made her mad! She was telling the guy off! She wouldn't even let him give her a tissue, she turned her face away! But, she quickly got over it, and was excited about the Dora sticker they gave her, and she fell asleep in the car! Well, that's the Brookie update!

1 comment:

lisa said...

sounds like a great appt! glad to hear she's gaining weight. i will never understand how we both have kids with issues gaining weight, i'm blaming their dads ;)